- Let’s Take A Walk (“LTAW”) 2022 is organised by the Raleigh Singapore (the “Organisers”) in accordance with these Rules & Regulations (“R&R”) applicable to the Participants. They can also be found at letstakeawalk.sg(“Official Website”) and the JustRunLah website.
- “Official medical staff” refers to medical professionals and Red Cross volunteers, “Event Organiser” refers to the LTAW committee, “Checkpoint ICs” refers to volunteers recruited by LTAW to help with the checkpoints, “Walk marshals” refer to volunteers recruited by LTAW to monitor the walk progress of Participants and “Event staff” refers to all volunteers and helpers recruited by LTAW to help with the event, including Checkpoint ICs, Walk marshals, Red Cross volunteers.
- The Participant, who has registered to take part in LTAW 2022, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organisers to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that Participant, as the Organisers may at their sole discretion deem fit, for the Organisers’ programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or, any other purposes defined by the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to contact the participants via phone or e-mail for additional information required for matters relating to this event. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organisers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- Registration for the event is only confirmed after the Organisers receive the correct payment.
- Participants must sign up through the JustRunLah website no later than 31 July 2022. Registration will not be accepted on the event day itself. JustRunLah is the service provider which the Organiser has engaged to help with registration and the virtual edition of LTAW 2022.
- Participants will receive an email acknowledgement after completing the registration form and making payment. Participants are to contact the service provider (email@example.com) if they do not receive the email acknowledgement.
- Payments are to be made electronically and are non-refundable. Manual payments will not be accepted.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Otherwise, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the R&R from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in the R&R, the Organisers’ interpretation is final and in so doing, they will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to the R&R will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Organisers reserve the right to close registration before 31 July 2022 should participation reaches its capacity before the specified date.
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&R of LTAW 2022.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the LTAW 2022, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- Walkers must scan the QR code at every checkpoint to complete the Event. The Organiser’s decision on the completion of the Event or any other results or outcome of the Event shall be final and conclusive.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants taking part in LTAW 2022 do so at their own risk and the Organisers shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or participating in LTAW 2022.
- The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- A Participant must retire from the event immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Event organisers and checkpoint ICs. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner before participating in LTAW 2022.
- There are no road closures for LTAW 2022 to minimise disturbance to the public. Therefore, participants are reminded to abide by traffic rules and rules stipulated by NParks (see link) and by any venue used by LTAW 2022. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any wilful behaviour such as jaywalking or any acts that endanger or cause any inconvenience to fellow road and park users.
- If for any reason that Participant need to leave the event urgently, they shall update the Organisers immediately via the emergency number.
- The Participant must contact the Organisers (via the number printed on the bib) at the next checkpoint, if they intended to leave the event prematurely or temporarily. To resume the walk, the Participant must return to the same checkpoint (applicable only to 50KM or 100KM) before the retirement.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s Bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participants must attach the assigned Bib on the front of their running attire for the ease of identification by event staff and checkpoint ICs in case of emergency.
- All participants must be at the designated start point 30 minutes before the start of LTAW 2022.
- Participants should walk on the designated path for the entire route and observe traffic flow.
- Participants are encouraged to have a support crew and be self-sufficient. The support crew is responsible for providing participants with all their food, water and changes of clothes etc. during the event.
- Participants are advised to carry and wear appropriate clothing for any weather conditions.
DO NOT LITTER
- Participants and support crew must respect the environment and use the waste and recycling bins along the route or at the checkpoints.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety throughout the walk and agree to the indemnity conditions (in Paragraph 13) upon submission of registration.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the walking route for all categories.
CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENTS
- There will be no fee refund if LTAW 2022 is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. bad weather, NEA advisory against outdoor activities etc), relating to the safety of the Participants.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the LTAW 2022 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the LTAW 2022 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the LTAW 2022 walking routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day/date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Registration is strictly non-refundable, nonexchangeable and non-transferrable.
- Participants below the age of 18 (as at the date of completion of the event, namely 28 August 2022) are required to seek parental/guardian consent by filling out the parent consent forms. The parent consent form MUST be duly signed by the parent or legal guardian of the participant. Please return the duly signed parental consent form via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 working days after 31 July 2022. Failure to do so will result in the said participant not being allowed to participate in LTAW 2022.
- For Participants who are unlikely to reach a checkpoint or end point within the stipulated closure times as indicated on the website and/or participant handbook, the Participant MUST contact the Organiser using the hotline provided in the participant handbook.
COLLECTION OF EVENT PACK
- All Participants must collect their Event Pack, which includes the Bib, during the final briefing. (Venue and date of the briefing to be confirmed through email & information will also be made available on the official website “http://www.letstakeawalk.sg”.
- All Participants are required to produce their Confirmation Slip for the collection of the Event Packs. There is strictly no changing of t-shirt sizes once registered.
- For Group collection of Event Packs, a representative can be authorised by filling out the letter of authorisation form for the collection of the Event Packs.
- Participant handbooks will be made available on the official website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Event Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Organisers are not obliged to schedule an alternate collection date to ensure that the Participants receive their Event Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participants to collect their Event Pack on the final briefing day.
USE OF YOUR DATA
- All Participants data will never be sold or exchanged. Raleigh Singapore will only use it to share news and information about Raleigh Singapore’s updates and events, including future editions of LTAW.
- By participating in this virtual challenge, you accept that JustRunLah! (the appointed event partner) can contact you to confirm your entry and keep you updated on the progress of your participation.
- After completing your walk, take a screenshot of the walk statistics (via a tracking app) and upload it onto the JustRunLah! online portal. If your upload cannot be validated, it will be deemed as incomplete and will not be clocked. If you experience any difficulty in uploading your walk details, please contact JustRunLah! at email@example.com.
- A walk clocked from 13 August 2022 to 26 August 2022 will be accepted in the submission. All submissions to be uploaded to the website (instructions in the registration email) by 28 August 2022, 11.59pm. If you are unable to complete your walk and upload by the deadline, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If for any reason, all or part of the event is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organiser, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this event, the Organiser reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event (in whole or in part), as the Organiser determine in their sole discretion.
- Photographs/videos/artwork uploaded by participants should not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
IMPORTANT: All information published herein or on www.letstakeawalk.sg is subjected to change or expiration without notice. Please check back regularly for the latest information and update.