. What are the categories available in 2023?
20KM JalanWalk – 730am from SportsHub
5KM FamilyWalk [NEW for 2023] – 9am from SportsHub
21 October to 3 November
20KM Virtual Walk
2. When is LTAW 2023?
LTAW 2023 physical categories will be held from Saturday 4 November to Sunday 5 November 2023.
LTAW virtual categories must be completed between Saturday 21 October to Friday 3 November 2023.
3. I won’t be in Singapore on the dates above. Can I still register and participate in the virtual category?
Yes, you can register for the virtual category and walk anywhere in the world. See more details under the LTAW virtual categories.
4. Do I take part as an individual or as part of a group?
Both individual registration and group registrations are available. The following conditions apply:
*5KM FamilyWalk: minimum group size 2 participants | maximum group size 5 participants
**All other categories: minimum group size 4 participants | maximum group size no limit
5. Who can participate in LTAW?
The following age restrictions apply:
- The minimum participant age for any event category is 12 years old (at the time of registration).
- Participants may be accompanied by their children or dependants who are below the minimum participant age, e.g. for the 5KM FamilyWalk category.
- In such cases, Participants shall be solely responsible for the safety of their children or dependants, and the Organisers shall not be liable for any resulting losses or injuries. Such children or dependants will not be considered as Participants, and will not enjoy privileges accorded to the Participants such as event packs and event insurance.
- Persons below the age of 16 (at the time of registration) must have parental consent to participate. Please submit this parental consent form, duly completed and signed by your parent or legal guardian, to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48hrs after registration. Failure to do so means your registration is incomplete and you will not be allowed to participate in the event, regardless of payment made.
6. How fit do I have to be to participate in any of the walks?
LTAW is not a competitive event and walking is a relatively low-impact activity compared to running.
Notwithstanding, endurance walking can be a physical and mental challenge to many participants and requires a certain level of fitness and training, particularly in the 50KM PowerWalk and 100KM XtremeWalk physical categories where the distances must be completed within a certain number of hours and by each checkpoint’s cut-off time.
If you have any doubts about your health and fitness, please consult your doctor or health specialists before signing up.
7. What is in the event pack? Will I get any ‘goodies’, t-shirts, vouchers, freebies etc, along with my participation?
The registration fee includes a unisex event t-shirt (with an opt-out option).
- Virtual event participants have the option to receive an event t-shirt.
- Physical event participants receive 1) an event bib and 2) an event t-shirt.
- Finishers of the physical event category 100KM XtremeWalk (within the stipulated time) will also receive a Finisher Tee.
There is strictly no changing of t-shirt sizes after registration.
8. What are the most common injuries observed in previous events?
Foot blisters, abrasions and muscle soreness are the most common types of injuries. For day walks, heat stress and dehydration may pose a challenge. Participants are advised to consult with their doctors before deciding to participate, especially for the longer distance categories.
To avoid injuries:
- Invest in early and adequate training
- Have ample rest in the days leading up to the walk
- Warm up adequately to minimise muscle cramps during the walk
- Hydrate often and rest when you need to.
9. Where can I get updates and also read stories of past LTAW editions?
If you have already registered with us, our primary updates will come through whatsapp. If you didn’t get a message from us to join the whatsapp group, please let us know. We will also be updating periodically on email.
If you wish to learn more about us, it’s all here on this page. If you really love us and are hungry for more, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com