LET’S TAKE A WALK
- Let’s Take A Walk (“Event”) is organised by the Raleigh Singapore (“Organisers”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R&R”) applicable to the registered participants (“Participant(s)”).
- Details on the Event, including Event date, registration information and fees can be found on www.letstakeawalk.sg (“Official Website”).
- The Participant must sign up through the Official Website by the stipulated closing date (“Closing Date”). Registration after the Closing Date and up till the Event day itself will not be accepted.
- The Event has the following categories:
- 150 km UltimateWalk (by invitations only)
- 100 km XtremeWalk
- 50 km PowerWalk (Day)
- 50 km PowerWalk (Night)
- 20 km JalanWalk (Saturday)
- 20 km JalanWalk (Sunday)
- All Participants must register for the Event via the Official Website. The registration for the 150 km UltimateWalk is by invitation only.
- Payment mode will be via PayNow to our UEN number: T01SS0074K (Please take note that '0' in the UEN number are all numerical zeroes).
- Once the registration form and payment have been submitted, the Organisers will process the registration and send out a confirmation email within 5 to 7 working days.
- Registration for the Event is only confirmed after the Organisers receive the correct payment.
- In event that the Participant did not receive the confirmation email 7 working days after submitting the registration, the Participant can contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- The Organisers reserve the right to close the registration earlier should the participation reaches its capacity before the Closing Date.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Otherwise, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organisers has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse Participant any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof). Any Participant who has been suspended or terminated, his/her registration fees will not be refunded.
- The Organisers reserve the right to contact and to interview the Participant for additional information required for matters relating to this Event.
- The Organisers may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or on mobile phones. Any notice sent to the email address or messages sent to the mobile phone registered with the Organisers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&R of the Event.
- The Organisers reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these R&R from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organisers shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, they will take into account the interest of the affected Participant. Any amendments to these R&R will be updated on the Official Website
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of the Participant), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- All Participants must be at the designated start point 30 minutes before the start of the Event.
- Every Participant must be self-sufficient and responsible for his/her own equipment including but not limited to water, food and gear for walking.
- Participants are encouraged to form their own teams to support one another.
- Participants are also strongly advised to have their own support crew. The support crew may be responsible for providing the Participants with food, water and changes of clothes etc. during the Event. However, the support crew are not allowed to help any Participant physically proceed up the route. Any Participant caught doing so will be disqualified from the Event.
- The Participant and the support crew must respect the environment and use the waste and recycling bins along the route or at the checkpoints.
- No pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, or any forms of Personal Mobility Device shall be used in any part of the Event.
- If any Participant who wants to withdraw during the Event, he/she can either report to the nearest checkpoint or inform the Organisers via the contact numbers provided. If the latter is used, a call-back authentication procedure by the Organisers may take place.
- Participants below the age of 18 (on 1 November 2019) are required to seek parental/guardian consent by filling out the parent consent forms. The parental consent form MUST be duly signed by the parent or legal guardian of the Participant. Please return the duly signed parental consent form via email email@example.com before the Closing Date.
- Failure to have a valid signed parent consent form, the Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to that Participant and no refund will be entertained
CUT-OFF TIMES FOR ULTIMATEWALK, XTREMEWALK AND POWERWALK
- Participants who are unlikely to reach a checkpoint or end point within the stipulated cut-off times (“Cut-off Times”) as indicated on the Official Website and/or Participant Handbook will be disqualified from the Event.
- Disqualified Participants MUST contact the Organisers using the contact numbers provided in the Participant Handbook.
- Details on the Cut-off Times, including those for each checkpoint will be found in the Participant Handbook and/or Official Website.
- Participant must inform the Event staff or call the Organisers (via the number printed on the bib) if he/she intends to leave the event prematurely or temporarily. To resume the walk, the Participant must return to the same checkpoint where he/she previously left the Event, before the Cut-off Times.
- At every checkpoint, every Participant must collect a sticker to indicate that he/she has reached the checkpoint before the stipulated Cut-off Times. The check-in time of each Participant will be recorded. No sticker will be issued once the Cut-off Times are exceeded.
- Participants who collected all the stickers in the order of the checkpoints per the route in each category shall be deemed to have successfully completed the Event.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- There will be no road closure throughout the Event to minimise disturbance to the public. Therefore, for safety reasons and to prevent dis-amenities, Participant is reminded to abide by traffic rules and rules stipulated by NParks and by any venue used by the Event. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any wilful behaviour such as jaywalking or any acts that endanger or cause any inconvenience to fellow road and park users. (Please refer to the Parks and Trees Act on NParks website, as well as “Pedestrian Road Safety” on Singapore Road Safety Council website).
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participant’s safety, the Participant takes part in the Event at his/her own risk and the Organisers will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or participating in the Event.
- Each Participant is responsible for his/her own safety throughout the Event and agrees to the indemnity conditions upon submission of registration.
- The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his/her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Event.
- The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Participant must retire from the Event immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Organisers or checkpoint ICs.
- Any Participant who sustains any form of injuries must contact the Organisers via the emergency number printed on the Participant’s bib.
- Participant should walk on the designated path for the entire route and observe traffic flow.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s bib must be fully and accurately completed. Each Participant must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire for the ease of identification by the Event staff and checkpoint ICs in case of emergency.
- Each Participant must carry and wear appropriate clothing during the Event. As the Event stretches into the night, every Participant must dress appropriately so as to remain visible to other road users. Head torch, flashing lights, reflective wear, etc are highly encouraged.
CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENTS
- There will be no refund of any fees paid if the Event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. These include but are not limited to General, Election, bad weather, NEA advisory against outdoor activities, or any other advisories relating to the safety of the Participants.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Event walking routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day/date of the Event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
COLLECTION OF EVENT PACK
- All Participants must collect their event pack (“Event Pack”), which includes the bib, during the Event briefing and pack collection day. Venue and date of the briefing to be confirmed through email and information will also be made available on the Official Website.
- All Participants are required to produce their confirmation email for the collection of the Event Packs. There is strictly no changing of tee-shirt sizes once registered. However, you may exchange with other participants at the Briefing and Collection Day when tee-shirts are collected. We hope you can kindly understand our logistical limitations.
- If a Participant is unable to turn for the Briefing and Collection Day, a representative can be authorised by filling out the letter of authorisation form for the collection of the Event Packs. Letter of authorisation form can be found on the Official Website nearer the Event date.
- Participant handbooks will be made available on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s inability to collect the Event Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Organisers are not obliged to schedule an alternate collection date to ensure that the Participant receive the Event Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect the Event Pack on the Briefing and Collection Day.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Participant, who has registered to take part in the Event, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organisers to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that Participant, as the Organisers may at their sole discretion deem fit, for the Organisers’ programmes, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or, any other purposes defined by the Organisers.
- All the Participant data will never be sold or exchanged. Raleigh Singapore will only use it to share news and information about Raleigh Singapore’s updates and events, including future editions of Let’s Take A Walk.
IMPORTANT: All information published herein or on www.letstakeawalk.sg is subjected to change or expiration without notice. Please check back regularly for the latest information and update.